The 2025 IWC will be held 17 – 21 June 2025 at the Albuquerque Convention Center in Albuquerque NM.
We are very excited to host IWC in the Albuquerque Convention Center. This allows us to host all of our classes and events in one location. The Convention Center has easy access from highways and a large airport.
New Mexico is a great location for our Conference. New Mexico is one of the few regions left in the United States where fiber art is thriving. Over the past centuries, fiber art has played a crucial role in the economy of the region. Throughout the state, various animals offer their wool and hair to this art form, such as the heritage breed the Navajo-Churro sheep, mohair goats, Angora rabbits, wolves, yaks, and (more recently) llamas and alpacas. New Mexico has a diverse population including many Puebloan people as well as descendants of the Spanish Conquistadors, and more recently, waves of settlers from all over the United States and around the world.
We are adding a day to the Conference. We are going to offer one day classes and half day seminars on Saturday. The schedule of events is as follows:
• Tuesday, 17 June 2025. Check-in and registration. Looms into classrooms. Receipt of Silent auction items, raffle baskets and Celebration of Fiber show items.
• Wednesday, 18 June 2025. Day 1 of three-day workshops from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Opening night reception.
• Thursday, 19 June 2025. Day 2 of three-day workshops from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
• Friday, 20 June 2025. Day 3 of three-day workshops from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
• Saturday, 21 June 2025. One day workshops and half day seminars from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
As always, we will have vendors, silent auction, raffle baskets, Celebration of Fiber and Board and Leader shows.
We have lots more exciting new events we are planning. We will be sending out a newsletter with information about the Conference Hotel, and other details.